Friday, October 28, 2011

Who Wants to be a Millionaire?



ME, ME, ME! Went to a taping of the show yesterday. (See photos.) It was mildly amusing. Meredith was very nice and the audience wrangler, this comedian Rick Mercurio, was funny. He tried to keep the audience amped before the show and during the cuts in taping. What I didn't like was that he kept advertising his show at Gotham Comedy Club, over and over. Oooow, and he'll give us free tickets after the show. Yeah, we got tickets to his show along with a free How to be a Millionaire t-shirt, but they weren't FREE tickets. Just five buck off the cover price. Then, what? You gotta buy drinks too? Fughedabouit?

What was cool was seeing the set. Of course it looks smaller than it seems on TV. I sat right in front of this huge swinging camera which I swore was going to come by and hit me in the head. (It didn't) I also took the test to be on the show. I thought I did pretty well as the questions seemed pretty easy. There were even two questions about Germany but they only called three people at the end. Harumph!!

The best part was afterwards going to get something to eat with my friend Ale. We were so hungry after sitting there for a few hours. We were on the Upper West Side so we went to Lansky's and I had mahtzo ball soup cause it was freaking freezing and raining and some pierogi. Then we headed to Magnolia and I had a pumpkin cupcake which was alright. Nothing spectacular. Should have gone with the chocolate. Haven't been to the Magnolia on the Upper West Side and it's a very cute establishment with lots of places to sit! How to be a Magnolia Millionaire!!

No comments:

Post a Comment