Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Greenwich Village Halloween Parade 2011!





Hey there! Halloween nite baby! I was there with a friend for all the action. Some pretty inventive and messed up costumes out there. Yes, owing to the recent zombie trend, there were zombies aplenty. Case in point, I was sort of this zombie-vampire thang. (See pic with the very SCARY Nikon camera around my neck. Positively GHOULISH!!)

While a lot of the costumes were good...I didn't see the cleverness like there was years ago. For example, the guys dressed up as green, plastic toy soldiers, complete with weird, green feet/stands. They would be patrolling the parade route and then one of them would call out and they would all freeze. So cool! Or the people who dressed up like Mr. and Ma'am George Bush and sat on the back of a convertible probably rented just for the event!

There seems to be a lot more people advertising their clubs or wares this year as well. Although I did get 5 cool Jagermeister t-shirts (5!) as well as astronaut ice cream courtesy of Fiat. (Freeze dried!) So, who am I to cast blame???

It's still worth checking out the parade. I'll be there next year! Ooooh, maybe I can get some freeze-dried astronaut fudge sauce for my "ith creme".

No comments:

Post a Comment