Friday, November 11, 2011

Uma Thurman and mb!


Oooh, aaah! I met Uma Thurman. Uma was at Lord & Taylor hawking a new perfume, Ange ou Demon Le Secret, by Givenchy. I found out about it and I told my friend whose staying with me who's also a journalist. L&T is about 5 blocks from me so we thought we would go. My friend said she'd buy the perfume and would try and ask her some questions and I would give her jewelry from the designer (Alzerina) I'm doing social media for. (You gotta see the BOTTLES and BOTTLES of perfume my friend has in my apartment.) But I wasn't planning on buying the perfume so I was a little nervous about the whole thing. So we're at L&T and there are these guys in black with trays of champagne and macaroons. Tres bien! Every person we saw working for Givenchy's PR asked each of us to take our bottle out to get it signed. I just looked at them and said, "I'm with her" and pointed at my friend. I thought they were going to kick me off the line but I made it. So, we're just about to go up and meet Uma and my friend sees these 8x10 color glossy photos of Uma so she takes one and ask one of the PR minions if we can get the photo signed as well. The woman says no, either the perfume or the photo. I thought that was kind of lousy so I take the photo from my friend and tell her I'll get it signed. So it's our turn and Uma is sooo nice. She signs the bottle, signs the photo and I give her the Swarvoski earrings by Alzerina and we get our photo taken. Don't know why I was so worried! Ha, ha! I text Alzerina and all is well with the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment