Sunday, April 25, 2010

1920's in NYC




Hey there,

Don't know if you know this but there are these cool groups in New York City who meet up AND dress up. Dances of Vice and Shanghai Mermaid are two of my faves. I've gone to dances and brunches by both and the costumes that people wear are extreme. Bustled dresses and brocade overcoats, are so cool. When I go I usually dress up in 1920's gear but people are decked out in every time period past. I just found this cool accessory on Etsy.com. It's a sweet and feminine garter with a built in flask! Most handy for those quick swigs. ;-)

The parties feature musicians with funky old-timey sounds like the Scarring Party. I love their tune, No More Room (in Hell) and tap dancers (The Minsky Sisters), and burlesque.

The next Dances of Vice event is the Swan Lake Masquerade Ball, April 30th on May 7th 2010 will be the Spring Spectacular full of Swing Dancing, Jazz and Burlesque amid cocktails and costumes. Check out the above web sites for photos and more info.
mb


No comments:

Post a Comment